With the holidays over (and probably STILL leftovers in the freezer) everyone has probably quite enough of lots and lots of food. What i need now is Something to snack on during the day. Something delicious that won`t make you feel stuffed. The Solution: Pecans (rather healthy and filling) + Honey (for my sweet tooth) = AWESOME! The best part? They are sooo easy to make.
I made these Toasted Pecans for Christmas and put them in little mason jars, and everybody loved them.
Eierlikör & Honey Toasted Pecans
- 1/2 cup (170g) honey
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Eierlikör*
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups (150g) pecans
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together honey, granulated sugar, Eierlikör and salt. Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a slow boil.
- Add pecans and stir to coat. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring, until syrup begins to bubble up and turn a light brown in color.
- Remove from heat. Optional: drain liquid through a strainer if you see any lumps.
- Place coated pecans onto parchment paper in a single layer, separating as much as possible. (You can wear Rubber gloves to separate them better with your hands. but they are still VERY HOT)
- Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes (watch closely so they don`t burn).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on cookie sheet.
- Optional: Before they`re completely cooled, lightly sprinkle Pecans with Cinnamon for a more festive taste.
- Once cooled, separate pecans from each other and use to top salad, stir into yogurt or as delicious snack.
*If you can`t find Eierlikör, a suitable substitute would be Eggnog. Or basically almost any liquor would be ok.
Honey Toasted Pecans recipe adapted from dineanddish.net