Oh, i just looove chocolate chip cookies. There are so many recipes out there but if you like thick and soft Cookies, then this is the perfect recipe for you!
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!
Thick and Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 20 medium cookies. Cookies stay soft for about 7 days at room temperature.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spoon & leveled
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Toss together the flour, baking powder, cornstarch and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together until no brown sugar lumps remain. Whisk in the egg, then the egg yolk. Finally whisk in the vanilla. Pour the wet Ingrediens into the dry ingredients and mix together with a large spoon or rubber spatula. The dough will be very soft. Fold in the chocolate chips. They may not stick to the dough because of the melted butter, but do your best to have them evenly dispersed among the dough. Cover the ough and chill for 22 hours, or up to 3 days. Chilling is mandatory.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator and allow slightly to soften at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into balls, about 2 Tablespoons of dough for medium sized cookies (3 tbls for large cookies) Roll the cookie dough balls to be taller rather than wide.Bake for 12-15 minutes. The cookies will look very soft and underbaked. Do not bake longer than 15 minutes. They will continue to bake on the cookie sheet. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
Chocolate Cookie Recipe adapted from sallysbakingaddiction.com