If you are a cinnamon sugar fan, I have a great donut recipe for you. They are really quick to throw together.
This is amazing! The donuts are soft baked and the cinnamon sugar gives everything a little "crunch". I love everything nutella related. You could put it in, or on top of everything :) It always tastes good. :)
And the result? Soft-sweet-crunchy-donut-goodness! I love it.
Baked Nutella Filled Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
Makes about 8 regular size Donuts.
- 5 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- about 5 Tablespoons of nutella
for the Topping
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Lightly grease a donut pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg, milk, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a seperate bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Stir the dry mixture into the dry mixture until combined.
- Transfer mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large round tip or just use a spoon. Pipe (or spoon) half of the mixture into the pan only filling 1/4 of the way full.
- Fill the nutella into a piping bag fitted with a small round tip and pipe a thin line onto the center of the donut mixture.
- Pipe the other half of the donut mixture and nutella on top only filling 1/4 of the way full. (the nutella should be completely covered)
- Bake at 325°F (160°C) for 10 - 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before dipping in topping.
- Melt the butter for the topping and combine cinnamon and sugar.
- Dip each donut gently about half way in butter then roll in cinnamon and sugar. (it`s very important that you`re extra careful with this step because the donuts are very soft and could fall apart while dipping in butter)
basic donut recipe adapted from bakerbetty.com