Baked Strawberry Donuts. A sweet treat that is easy to make!
My first thought about baking them was, that they would not taste as good as fried ones, but these are so good you`re gonna forget that as soon as you take the first bite. The dough is soft and with every bite, you taste the sweetness and intense flavor of the strawberries. The glaze adds a bit more sweetness because the dough isn`t too sweet on its own.
These donuts are perfect for summer!
Baked Strawberry Donuts
Makes about 8 regular size Donuts.
- 5 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, cut into small dice
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 - 4 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (or vanilla sugar)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Lightly grease a donut pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg, milk, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a seperate bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Stir the dry mixture into the dry mixture until combined.
- Gently fold in the strawberries.
- Transfer mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large round tip or just use a spoon. Pipe (or spoon) into the pan only filling 1/2 of the way full.
- Bake at 325°F (160°C) for 10 - 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before dipping in glaze.
Make the glaze
- In a small bowl whisk the powdered sugar with the milk (start with 2 tablespoons and add more to make it as thin or thick as you like) and vanilla until smooth.
- Dipp each donut gently about half way into the glaze.
- Garnish with with sprinkles and enjoy!
basic donut recipe adapted from bakerbettie.com